To cultivate a food secure community through the collection and redistribution of local food.
To turn backyard fruit trees and also orchards, vegetable gardens, farm plots, and nut trees into a valuable source of food for the community by harvesting otherwise wasted produce and sharing it among volunteers, tree owners, and community organizations serving individuals in need.
Values & Goals:
- Increase the availability of fresh and healthy produce for those in need
- Reduce food waste
- Promote volunteerism
- Provide opportunities for community members to access food with dignity
- Celebrate diversity – all ages, abilities, and backgrounds are welcome!
- Collaborate with community social service agencies and organizations to reach those in need
- Support tree owners, orchardists, and farmers to pick excess fruit/produce and connect them with relevant tree care information
- Provide opportunities for volunteers, residents, and clients of community organizations to improve health by harvesting fruit through:
- Exposure to fresh air
- Expanding social development
- Improving mental health and wellbeing
- Everyone is welcome. We believe that each person brings value and beauty to this world, and we love seeing people come together while picking fruit.