Help us raise funds for our 2020 harvesting season!!!Order our delicious 100% Organic Okanagan Apple Juice for pick-up in the Central Okanagan and Penticton. Pre-order now!
Every dollar donated equals at least a pound of food grown and/or harvested!
A little goes a long way! Every dollar donated equals at least a pound of produce grown and/or harvested through our farming and gleaning programs. One pound of produce equals:
- 3-4 servings of fruits
- 6-8 servings of vegetables
- Half a days servings of recommended fruit and vegetables
- Precious vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients necessary to sustain health
This might seem small, but added up over a season we know what we are capable of accomplishing. We are capable of rescueing over 60,000 pounds of produce from going to waste each year, and growing and donating an additional 20,000 pounds! This translates into:
- 60,000 pounds of food prevented from being wasted!
- 240,000 to 640,000 servings of fruits and/or vegetables every season!
- 1/4 to 1/2 a million servings of fruits and vegetables each year!
- Increased access to fruits and vegetables for thousands of people in our community.